|UTAH DIVERSITY CONNECTIONSBUSINESS DIVERSITY AWARDCRITERIA|
Utah Diversity Connections established the Utah Business Diversity Award to recognize businesses in Utah who embrace diversity as a fundamental element of their organization. The award is a way to recognize creative and innovative strategies that promote and advance the concept and spirit of diversity and inclusion within their organization.
We recognize companies whose programs, activities and efforts are designed to promote and support differences in people and society. Diversity may include race and ethnic origin; gender; physical abilities; religious beliefs; age; education; sexual orientation; and/or other perceived differences. These programs or activities should promote diversity within the organization and foster a more inclusive and equitable work environment.
Categories of Awards
- Small companies = under 100 employees
- Mid-Size companies = from 101 up to 500 employees in Utah
- Large Companies = more than 500 employees in Utah
Eligibility & Rules
- Organizations demonstrating a commitment to promoting a diverse workplace are eligible for nomination of the award, as long as they have not received it within the last two years.
- Previous award recipients are eligible for repeat nominations if the work or activity is different than any that previously received an award.
- Nominated Companies should have been engaged in this work within the last 12 months.
- Nomination forms must be completed and submitted by June 16th, 2017. This should include the proper nomination form with any additional information attached for a maximum submission of 3 pages. Late nominations will not be accepted.
- The nominator is responsible for providing relevant information, e.g., resulting statistics, letters of support, newspaper clippings, etc. with the signed nomination form.
- All nomination materials will be the property of Utah Diversity Connections.
- Submissions should be sent to:
- Self-nominations are acceptable.
Please incorporate some of the following areas:
- Goals, action steps and accomplishments toward achieving a work environment that recognizes, promotes and encourages a diverse workforce at all levels throughout the organization
- Description of new or ongoing programs of new and progressive best practices that support the development of a more inclusive culture
- Description of visionary and insightful leadership that confronts and resolves inequities in the organization
- Description of a program that has been effective in outreach to a diverse group in our community
- Innovative internal programs and/or systems that define management’s role in promoting diversity-related issues.
- Demonstration of executive leadership commitment and support of diversity and related programs through linkage of a strategic business plan
- Innovative programs of initiatives designed to attract, select, promote and retain qualified minorities, women, and differently-abled individuals in the workforce
- Special efforts to place or prepare and develop minorities, women, and or employees with different physical abilities for senior level positions
- Development and training programs in place for the purpose of professional growth specifically encouraging participation of minorities, women, and/or employees with different physical abilities to excel at management levels
- Diversity education programs that build sensitivity of employees and leaders at all levels in the organization
- Educational opportunities and programs that motivate, encourage, and support minorities, women and others to achieving higher educational degrees, certificates
- Community-based outreach programs and efforts that promote diversity through the participation of minorities, women, and others